The American Heart Association PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
This course is designed for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children and for personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
SELECT A COURSE OPTION FROM BELOW
Option 1 – Heartcode PALS Blended Learning (elearning + Skills Check) – $195🌟
HeartCode PALS is an online comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development.
Once you sign up you will receive access to a eLearning module of the PALS Heartcode which you can complete from the comfort of your home or office using the computer. Upon completion we will set you up for a hands-on session with an instructor takes 3.5-hrs to be completed. The AHA PALS Certificate is issued once you successfully complete the training.
Option 2- PALS Skills Check (Only) – $75
Choose this option only if you have completed your elearning part and are ONLY looking for a skills check off. The elearning module is not included.
Once you sign up you we will set you up for a hands-on session with an instructor takes 3.5-hrs to be completed. The AHA PALS Certificate is issued once you successfully complete the training.
Option 3 – PALS Classroom (Initial Course) – $185
Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency. A series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics.
The full course takes approx. 13 hours 30 minutes, plus additional time for breaks and lunch (2 days in total) to complete. Students who successfully complete the PALS Course will receive a PALS Provider course completion card, valid for two years.
For successful completion, the candidate is required to
- Actively participate in, practice and complete all learning stations
- Complete the open-resource written exam with a minimum score of 84%
- Pass the 1- and 2-Rescuer Child BLS With AED and 1- and 2-Rescuer Infant BLS Skills Tests
- Pass 2 PALS core case scenarios (1 cardiac and 1 respiratory or shock) as a team leader, providing appropriate medical treatment and demonstrating effective team dynamics