The BLS Certification is Instructor-led course that teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills. BLS is applicable for towards prehospital providers, like EMTs, paramedics, fire fighters, and in-facility hospital providers. This course focuses on high-quality CPR and team dynamics. This BLS Certification Course follows a video-based course with practice to real world scenarios.
The BLS trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED and effective ventilations using a barrier device.
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation in order to perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
Reference: American Heart Association BLS Certification