HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s BLS blended learning delivery method. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on skills session.
Heartcode BLS Online is the Blended Learning (online portion, followed by hands-on skills session) HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, simulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
The Heartcode BLS hands-on skills course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments. The Heartcode BLS focuses on High-Quality CPR and team dynamics.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival and the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi rescuer resuscitation
- Performance as an effective team member and during a multi rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
NOTE: This is only Part 2 of the 2-part BLS Heartcode AHA Program. The instructor will need to see your eLearning completion certificate on the day of the BLS Skills check off (This is mandatory) – If you haven’t already done so visit the AHA Website at https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-bls (SOLD SEPARATELY).
The American Heart Association Heartcode BLS Heartcode hands-on skills Course is geared towards prehospital providers, like EMTs, paramedics, firefighters, and in-facility hospital providers. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.