The Heartsaver CPR AED course is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult and child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and how to relieve choking in adults, children, and infants. This Heartsaver CPR AED course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
Upon registering for this course participants will receive an online course access that the students complete from the comfort of their home . Once completed Candidates will come to classroom to practice hands on techniques with an instructor on manikins and/or partners to learn life saving skills with an instructor. The skills session takes about 1 hrs to complete
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant. This course doesn’t include the first aid component. If you are looking to register for both First Aid and CPR AED then select this option.
Reference: American Heart Association