NRP Essentials covers lessons 1 through 4 of the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 8th Edition. Anyone who is involved in the care of a newborn should take NRP Essentials. NRP Advanced covers lessons 1 through 11 of the textbook. It is appropriate for those who attend births and are responsible for anticipated resuscitation of a newborn with known risk factors, and for those who participate in neonatal resuscitation beyond positive-pressure ventilation.
Each organization will determine its own policy for who should attain NRP Essentials or NRP Advanced provider status. If a healthcare professional is unsure about which NRP level to take, they should probably take NRP Advanced and should check with their institution, if applicable.
Provider Curriculum, Part 1
Part 1 focuses on building a foundation of neonatal resuscitation knowledge. The learning activities in Part I include:
- Self-study the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 8th Ed
- Online Learning Assessment
- Featuring True Adaptive™ learning – a personalized method tailored to individual knowledge and confidence levels. True Adaptive learning adjusts to the learner’s competence and performance in real-time.
- Advanced Exam (35 questions; for Advanced Curriculum only)
- You have unlimited attempts to complete the exam
- Part 1 Evaluation